Wednesday 30 June 2010

Fox Concerns


I was concerned to hear about the presumed fox attack on twin baby sisters in North London recently. We have a large fox population in Horsell. I frequently see foxes running into the woods near my home and late at night or early in the morning I see foxes all over the village.

A few years ago I was asked about the fox population by residents of Waldens Park Road. They had seen a number of foxes around and were concerned about the safety of their children. I contacted Woking Council and they provided a very useful booklet about foxes which I passed on to the residents and posted on my Window on Woking site. You can find the booklet here http://www.woking.gov.uk/planning/envhealthservice/pest/otherprotectedspeciesandfoxes/urbanfox

Fast forward to 2010 and I have been contacted by a concerned resident, worried about foxes living vey near to her home, in the light of the attacks on the baby twins. I have passed on the booklet details but I have also written to Woking Council asking what additional measures they are proposing in the light of the weekend’s events and actions being considered by both London boroughs and the Mayor of London.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my posts.