Monday 23 August 2010

Latest Update - Littlewick Road

Finally managed to get an answer from Surrey County Council about the roadworks in Littlewick Road. Gave up on county officers and went to the general helpline. Staff were very helpful. "Rob" who answered the phone obviously looked on the same web site page I searched, to no avail. However he then spoke to a colleague in Highways and put me through to her for an answer.

I don't recall the name of the person in Highways but she explained that a hole had been found in the road with a cavity underneath. The County Council had to investigate what had caused the hole. A utility was suspected but this had to be explored. After investigation there was no conclusive evidence of what had caused the hole so it will be fixed by County Council contractors. This should now be done in the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my posts.